SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

BIRD

I have been working on this for ages and continue to work on it. It is the Bird in The Berry tree made 1/4 of the size of the original. At these dimensions girls who loved it but couldn't pull off the scale of it will definitely have another look.

I have cut it from brass which I am silver plating, adding supreme luxness to the piece. Silver has much lovelier lustre than steel.

To get the piece to the new size I had to reduce the detail, which took ages. It's crazy cute at the smaller size.

Someone bought the sample straight off the bat, which was exciting. Sam Thorpe of Canberra I salute you and your good taste!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As his Mum, I salute Sam's good taste too. Chris, your work is terrific and we are big Corky fans! :)

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed