SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

PURITY

Purity rings (also known as chastity rings or abstinence rings or promise rings) originated in the United States in the 1990s among Christian-affiliated sexual abstinence  groups. Wearing a purity ring is typically accompanied by a religious vow to practice abstinence until marriage.


I've been thinking about what kind of purity ring I would design if I had to wear one. I guess it would be silver and have the word '4EVER' on it.


My current obsession is a band from Canada called Purity Ring. Check out their creepy new single "BELISPEAK" which is a witch house take on the little red riding hood narrative.







Grandma, I've been unruly
in my dreams
and with my speech
Drill little holes into my eyelids
that I might see you
that I might see you when I sleep

No comments:

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed