SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

TIEF

There should be a verb that describes being lost and not caring. The most fun I have had so far have been when I have been so lost I just surrendered and let the city take me wherever it wanted.

That was how I found the Holocaust Memorial Sculpture.

The power of the sculpture is that from a distance it looks like a pedestrian plateau - a topographic trompe-l'œil aided by the snow that covered the surface.

However, as you get closer and then enter the space, everything becomes deep very quickly making the experience totally immersive - you can't understand the massive scale of it until you are inside of it.

No comments:

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed