SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Sunday, January 10, 2010

MARTIN

Check out these awesome porcelain Martin Luther brooches I bought.


One of my favourite stories ever is Martin Luther nailing his '95 Theses' to the door of the Castle Church of Wittendburg publicly decrying the Catholic Church's sale of forgiveness for Sins to rich people.


Some of the theological concepts which Luther raised still divide the Christian Church today. These questions plagued Luther, who often resorted to mortification of the flesh so as to attempt to be perfectly contrite before God.


On the evening of 13 June 1525, Luther married Katharina von Bora, one of 12 nuns he had helped escape from the Nimbschen Cistercian convent in April 1523, when he arranged for them to be smuggled out in herring barrels. This paved the way for protestant priesthood to include marriage.


The brooches are matte and would look amazing on the lapel of a jacket or the chest of a duffel coat. I have a bunch of them which I will put into Corky shop when I get back to Melbourne early February. 


I've bought heaps of new jewellery in Tokyo & Berlin - some of it is AMAZING.

No comments:

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed