SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Monday, January 04, 2010

MARTIN

Went to Maison Martin Margiela in Harajuku. The staff were decked out in wafty white lab coats as if they were dreamy surgeons - dreamy surgeons with sparkle vision - they could barely discern anyone in the shop.




I touched an unbelievably soft scarf - it was nice but at 73 000 yen kinda crazy - I mean would you spend $1300AU on a scarf that you are going to lose anyway?

Also touched some jeans that had been painted with red rubber all over them.

I liked the accessories


There were silver, gold and shiny white enamelled jet necklaces and watch frames with no faces - it's supposed to look 'flea market-y' which it clearly isn't as it's reproduced and sold globally. I've seen some scenesters in Melbourne doing that look.







Best of all was the men's jewellery


I forgot my camera, so I did these from memory. I'm sure they looked much better in real life!

No comments:

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed